Millions of children are left in unsupervised situations at the end of each school day. Imagine how much benefit your children would have from participation in a quality after school program, where learning continues in a safe, supervised environment.
What are we all about?
The Warrior Kids After School Mixed Martial Arts Program is a fun, structured, and educational program for your children. We focus on Character Education, Martial Arts Education, and Physical Education in a safe, positive, and supervised environment. Your children will learn essential life skills, including discipline, respect, focus, self-control, teamwork, leadership, and gratitude, all while improving their physical condition and health. Our After School Mixed Martial Arts Program is NOT A DAY CARE or a “babysitting” program, but an educational program where your child will be provided with world class Mixed Martial Arts instruction by our experienced and award winning staff. Mixed Martial Arts is a powerful character-builder and one of the most practical and complete forms of self-defense. We truly love what we do and believe that every child deserves a chance to become an amazing human being.
We pick up your children in our comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle at their school at either their regular or early dismissal schedule and bring them back to our school. After arriving at the academy, they change into their Gi (martial arts uniform), store all their belongings, have some snacks provided by us, and do their homework. The afternoon will end with an engaging and structured mixed martial arts class that includes a motivational life lesson. Your children can be picked up between 5:45pm and 6:15pm.
What is included in our After School Mixed Martial Arts Program?
- Transportation from school to our clean and friendly facility
- Mixed Martial Arts classes that will challenge your child both physically and mentally
- Games and lessons focusing on essential life skills, including proper nutrition
- Scheduled Homework time and Assistance
- Teacher Work Days and Scheduled Early Release Days at no extra charge
Our After School Program has limited availability and fills up quickly. Call us at 908-715-0977 or email us info@FightAndFitnessMMA.com to get your child started today!
- The hours between 3 p.m. and 6 p.m. are the peak hours for juvenile crime and experimentation with drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and sex. (Fight Crime: Invest in Kids, 2002)
- More than 15 million school-age children (26 percent) are on their own after school. Among them are more than 1 million are in grades K to 5. (Afterschool Alliance, 2009)
Afterschool Programs Benefit Youth, Families & Communities
- An analysis of 73 afterschool studies concluded that afterschool programs using evidence-based approaches were consistently successful in producing multiple benefits for youth, including improvements in children’s personal, social and academic skills, as well as their self-esteem. (The Collaborative for Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning, 2007)
- The Promising Afterschool Programs Study found that regular participation in high-quality afterschool programs is linked to significant gains in standardized test scores and work habits as well as reductions in behavior problems among disadvantaged students. (University of California at Irvine, 2007)
- Students in programs supported by The After-School Corporation improved their math scores and regular school day attendance compared to non-participants. High school participants passed more Regents exams and earned more high school credits than non-participants. (Policy Studies Associates, July 2004)
- Early childhood education expert James Heckman concludes that a compliment of early education and participation in afterschool programs can reduce initiating drug use among youth by nearly 50 percent (45.8) while reducing the likelihood of them skipping school by half. (Investing in Our Young People, University of Chicago, 2006)
- Teens who do not participate in afterschool programs are nearly three times more likely to skip classes than teens who do participate. They are also three times more likely to use marijuana or other drugs, and are more likely to drink, smoke and engage in sexual activity. (YMCA of the USA, March 2001)
- Children in LA’s BEST afterschool program attend school more often and report higher aspirations for finishing school and going to college. LA’s BEST participants are 20 percent less likely to drop out and are 30 percent less likely to participate in criminal activities. (UCLA National Center for Research on Evaluation, Standards and Student Testing, June 2000, December 2005 and September 2007)
Free One-On-One Introduction
Email info@FightAndFitnessMMA.com or call 908-715-0977 now to setup a free 30 minute private tour, which includes evaluation of your child and a fun one-on-one introduction to our Warrior Kids martial arts program.